|March 27, baby chicks arrive in the mail!|
- These chickens drink a lot more than our egg layers. Next year we hope to get an automatic waterer.
- We need a new board on top of our current shelter. We used a cheap piece of siding to put on the top because it was light weight, however it warped right away and anytime it rains or the sprinklers come on water sits on the top and we have to push it off.
- We need some sort of handle on one side to help us move the shelters around. They are heavy and the rope we are using always has chicken poop on it and is hard to hold.
- We need a better quality food for the chickens. They eat a lot, I think part of the problem is the food we give them.
- You're going to have lots of flies and your lawn is not going to be beautiful anymore. Watering will help with both of these problems and help the poop disintegrate faster. We try not to water the lawn here in California too much as we have limited water.
|Checking out their new home until they are big enough to go outside|
|Good morning! Enjoying a new patch of grass!|