Amazon

Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!



This has nothing to do with the post but I love this picture :)
It's been a while since we have posted anything. We hope you had a blessed Christmas season and a safe New Year's celebration. We enjoyed time with family and friends over the holiday. "Mr. Agape" had to work most of the time, so I was able to stay with my family and spend much needed time with my nieces, nephew, and friends. We were blessed with some wonderful Christmas gifts. My two favorite were from my husband. Hubby got me this dehydrator, which I am making dehydrated cranberries in as we speak! Hopefully they turn out well so I can do a post. He also bought me a pressure canner/cooker which I am super excited to start canning some of the goodies from our garden. Everyday I desire to do things more naturally. It's interesting how I desire to go back to the ways of my grandparents and great-grandparents.I hope to start making candles soon. Another adventure I would like to try is soap making.
I have been also trying to crochet, but I am not too great at that. YouTube tutorials are great for this! If all else fails, I will just use my knitting loom :). It's super simple and hard to mess up.
On the farm we are hoping to build a small greenhouse to get our seeds going early. Our chickens are loving their coop and are finally coop trained, meaning they go in at night, which is much better than having to try to catch them every night. We were truly blessed in 2013 and cannot wait to see what the Lord brings us in 2014.
Some of our farm goals for the year:
1. Get a pig.
2. Try out electric fencing.
3. Eat our own eggs (this is really a goal we have for the hens).
4. Find a good source of grass-fed beef.
5. Eat less processed food and more homemade food.
What are some of your goals for the New Year?
Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment